Sunday, September 6, 2009

Getting better all the time

Lately, dare I say it, things have been pretty good in the sleep department. Up until five and a half weeks, the little bugger had never slept longer than about three and a half hours. Last Tuesday night, though, we were in for a big shock -- he slept from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. -- FIVE WHOLE HOURS! When Brad woke me up to tell me it was time to switch shifts, I was so excited I had trouble going back to sleep.

I thought it might be a fluke after he returned to his normal schedule on Wednesday. But then, Thursday night, he slept from 8:30-2 (five and a HALF hours)! Friday and Saturday nights the big chunk of sleep was more like 4 1/2 hours, but hey, at least things are getting better. The other clue is that when he's woken Brad up for his 2 a.m. feeding for the past few nights, he's been really sleepy and barely takes in two ounces -- and then when he wakes me up at 4, he's ravenous and gets so excited at the sight of a bottle that he can barely get the nipple into his mouth (which would be cute if it weren't at 4 a.m.). This makes us think that it may soon be time for him to drop the 2 a.m. feeding and sleep straight until 4, which technically would be considered "through the night" (8:30 p.m.-4 a.m.). Hey, I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment