Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

Oy. The weather is crappy and we have had a bit of a tough day over here. Liam fussed all morning, which is very unlike him. The fussing is the worst -- he'll grunt and writhe and whimper and nothing seems to make him happy. He felt a little warm so I took his temperature, but it was normal. (My first time using a rectal thermometer. Oy again.)

Then we met my friend Jill for lunch, which I was sure was going to be a disaster, but he fell asleep in the car seat on the way to the restaurant, slept through lunch, and has been sleeping for about 2 1/2 hours now. He woke up briefly to eat but wasn't terribly interested in food.

He seems pretty gassy when he's awake, so I'm wondering if that's the problem and am thinking of switching his formula to something that's gentler on the tummy. I wish babies could just speak English. :(

In other news, our little boy is definitely smiling now. He's flashed a couple of 1,000-watt grins at me and Brad, which are absolutely priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment