Monday, September 14, 2009

BIG news!

It's been an exciting few days since we last posted. I never thought I'd be so happy to wake up at 5 a.m., but I'm now pleased to report that our little boy is sleeping through the night at 7 weeks!!! (Yes, that deserved a triple exclamation point.) Friday night he slept from 9:30-4, and Sunday night he slept from 9-5 -- 8 hours straight! Sadly, mommy was up at 3:30 and checked on him several times because I was so worried that he wasn't breathing. I'm really hoping this isn't a fluke. I never have good luck with anything, but it actually seems like I won the baby sleeping lottery. I mean, how many kids sleep through the night at 7 weeks?!

Saturday night was kinda rough (he slept 4 1/2 hours and then basically fussed until 7 a.m.), but his grandparents babysat him and his bedtime routine was really off, so I'm hoping that was the problem. And we're also hoping that lack of sleep was why he was super fussy all day yesterday. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment