Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First day back -- SUCCESS!

Today was my first day back at work, and it was...well...

Fantastic.

Yes, for all the worrying I did about how I'd feel leaving my little boy, I now feel almost GUILTY because I enjoyed work so much. Let me tell you, I forgot how wonderful it was to talk to adults...and eat my lunch sitting down...and think about something other than diapers and swaddling blankets. I picked up right where I left off -- BUSY -- and it sure did feel good.

And the best part? Picking up Liam from daycare at 5:30. I'd looked forward to that moment all day, and it was even more awesome than I thought it would be.

I guess I never realized how stir-crazy I was while home on maternity leave. And, let's face it, toward the end of each day, Liam and I got a little sick of each other. Now that we see each other less often, the time we spend together is more fun for both of us.

The second-best part? Liam napped for THREE HOURS today. At home? Kid doesn't nap. Seriously. He fights going to sleep with every fiber of his being until both he and I are cranky messes into the evening. But today, he was in a fabulous mood when I picked him up, and even gave me a few big smiles (which usually doesn't happen in the cranky-pants late afternoon).

The third-best part is that Brad and I have a pick-up/drop-off schedule worked out that allows me to go to the gym in the morning, so I had a fantastic workout before work today.

So all is good with the world. And now, the baby is tucked snugly into bed -- time to cuddle with my man and drink a glass of wine!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear going back went so well! I'm surrounded by friends who don't work, and I know that won't be me. So I like hearing this! Makes me less concerned when it's my time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I'm so glad to hear everything went well! :)

    ReplyDelete