Friday, December 4, 2009

We're tired.



As I said a couple of posts ago, our former good little sleeper is no longer sleeping through the night. For a month or so he was sleeping from 8-6, which was amazing. Then, he got a cold and an ear infection, which put him on a newborn schedule again. But two weeks after the sickness, he's still waking up twice a night and is up FOR THE DAY AT 4:30 A.M. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a morning person, but 4:30 a.m. is ridiculous.

Brad handles the first night wakeup, and sometimes the second, too. But since our bedroom is right next to Liam's, each time he cries, I wake up, too, and it's hard to fall back to sleep. And then I'm up for good at 4:30.

HELP.

I have not been this exhausted since my freshman year of college.

I've done a lot of reading on the four-month sleep regression and it sounds like we're just going to have to wait it out for a few more months. (One of my friends went through it with her little boy, and he JUST started sleeping through the night again at 11 months. Ugh.) Each time he wakes up he's ravenous -- which means he needs to eat. There's no point in trying to soothe him back to sleep.

All I can say is thank God for coffee.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry :( it's so hard!! you should stop by at 5am, we can start an early bird playgroup!! i'm usually finishing cup #1 by then and on to #2... i sure hope it doesn't last as long for you guys.

    ReplyDelete