Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sickness is serious business

This has been the sickliest winter I can remember. Actually, it's been the sickliest MONTH I can remember. Two weeks ago, Liam had a cold. He passed it onto me (big shocker there - the kid literally sneezed into my eye). On the tail end of my cold, Brad caught some sort of weird minor stomach bug/food poisoning thing. And just as he recovered from that, I got a horrible stomach flu (norwalk virus!) and was the sickest I've been in years. It's been almost a week and my stomach is still not quite feeling back to normal yet.

Having a kid is hell on your immune system. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep or the significant amount of time spent indoors, but I seem to catch everything that's going around. I wash my hands, try to eat my fruits & veggies, take my vitamins, and do my best to get fresh air, but somehow I can't escape the germs. I'm so glad it's almost spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment