Monday, April 5, 2010

A big week.

Within the past 7 days, the following things have happened:

Liam started crawling.

Liam started pulling up to a stand.

Liam is getting his first tooth. (It hasn't broken through yet, but it's about to.)

I'd love to update you on the first two milestones, but the third pretty much has sapped my energy to do anything, including concentrate on writing a blog entry. I had no idea how bad teething could be until it happened to my poor little guy. I know it's not this bad for ALL babies, but mine seems to do everything in a big way!

3 comments:

  1. what have you tried for pain relief? we have a few suggestions that were given to us that i can definitely pass on to you!

    congrats on crawling and standing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that seems to work is infant motrin, but I hate the idea of giving that to him around the clock, esp. because I don't know how long it will take for this tooth to come in. We've tried orajel and Hyland's -- neither of them seem to soothe him. Any advice? Please, I'll do anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We managed Lydia's teething with Hyland's during the day and Tylenol at night, and occasionally put frozen fruit in Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders. (http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=37--they are available at Target, and probably at Babies R Us.)

    Our friends used clove oil on their son's gums, and they found that to be really helpful, though you have to be careful with the amount--too much can give the little guy loose stools.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete